Jul 12, 2010

Pizza, anyone?





Sandra Lee, move over! I've got a Round 2 that'll kick up your veggies a notch! I'm so proud of my semi-homemade, semi-veggie pizza! I didn't have any pesto-so I had to get a little creative. I took 1/2 cup Olive Oil and combined with basil, rosemary, chopped garlic, chili powder, season all, and almond bits (the creative part)... Add a little cheese and you've got a makeshift pesto. Brush on refrigerated pizza dough and bake for 8 minutes on 425 degrees.

We added homegrown tomatoes and onion to our leftover baked squash, broccoli and carrots. SShhh...don't tell the vegetarians, but I added three strips of bacon, shredded. Then, add the veggies and bacon to the dough and top with a little more cheese. Bake for ten more minutes and enjoy the most delicious veggie pizza, from leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment